FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Connection when working from home

duds2000
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I am having issues connecting to make work VPN when working from home (Mobile VPN with SSL client). 

I have read a lot of forum posts which say this is due to an issue with the router not supporting it, and offering to send out a new router which will.

I have contacted customer services using the online chat but they do not seem to be able to support this so perhaps someone on here can help as I feel using VPN when working from home is a very basic need for thousands of customers, and something I would have assumed came as standard.

I currently have a Fast 5364 Sagemcom router that worked fine up until 15/01/19, then it stopped working when using VPN. Prior to this it worked fine for 18 months.

I am getting very frustrated at the lack of progress getting this issue sorted

Cheers

Dave

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Dave

I have posted on your other thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6
Hi Duds thanks for some of the information requested. Afraid I can't help you further without it so I've flagged your post for assistance.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes. That is the box I am using. A Fast 5364 sagemcom. I have rebooted on several occasions and the is no difference. The connection drops when using VPN. 

0 Likes

Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher
Message 4 of 6

If it’s worked fine for 18 months then the router clearly supports it, have you had any PC updates that coincided with the problem arising?

have you tried a hard reset on the router?

there is a reset hole near the power button usually, press until it ‘clicks’, hold for couple seconds and then let router reboot and try again.

MVC_sig_pomo_baz.png

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6
Hi David,are you sure about the router model, I'm not sure the Sagemcom has been with us that long.

Assuming it is which firmware version is it running and have you rebooted since 15/1?
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.