FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN HAS STOPPED WORKING SINCE 5TH MAY 2022

RobArtley
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I have been using the TalkTalk FAST 5362 and as of 5th May 2022, I am unable to VPN into my office. It was working ok until then, and on that day I lost the internet so called TalkTalk who advised me to reset the router, which I did and it all seemed to come back.

However, only the internet is working, but the VPN is not.  Since then TalkTalk have sent me another router, but its has the same problem and VPN not working.

The TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub router details are

Device Ver: FAST 5364-3.T8
Firmware is  SG4K100136 and model 

I have seen many people has had the same issue and you were able to resolve by updating the firmware.  

I have spent far too much time on the phone with your technical team who are pretty useless with regard to this fault.  Please fix this as a matter of urgency.

Regards

Rob

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

RobArtley
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Thanks 

Rob

Message 3 of 10

Hi Rob

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working.

I'm really sorry about the issues you experienced reporting this issue. I have been feeding this back to the Faults Team. I have now raised this issue again to make sure this fix is available when contacting our Faults Team by phone and Live Chat too.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thank you. It works. My faith in TalkTalk is restored. But why does your front line technical team and their managers know about this and how to fix it. It has taken about 3 weeks to get this fixed and I stumbled across this community TalkTalk by pure chance. If I hadn’t found this, my fault would still be apparent.

I am really pleased that you fixed the problem but I do think that it should have been done at an earlier stage of my complaint. This can only be achieved by TalkTalk actually talking to each other.

Thank you.

Regards

Rob.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Rob

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

Anytime will do

0 Likes

RobArtley
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

You can do this at anytime but I would prefer a telephone call from you to let me know you’re about to do it.

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. We can make a change to the router firmware which should hopefully resolve this issue. When would be the best time for us to update the firmware for you as this will take around 20 minutes and the router cannot be rebooted/switched off during this time?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

The support team here can certainly help you with this, but please bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.

In the meantime, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes