FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN No longer works

pbrettoner
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Good afternoon.

My VPN has stopped working, connecting through Super Hub to my work.

It was working on Friday but is not now.

I work from home and this has crippled me, I can see other posts that state a firmware update has resolved this, who do I need to talk to to have this done on my hub.  I have tried searching for the Live Chat but unable to open it.

I am able to connect to my work server through my mobile phone, and using my neighbours Virgin router, so it is definitely the router/modem.

Please please help.

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi pbrettoner

Ahh I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Perfect.

VPN works seemlessly.

I changed channel to 8, yesterday, today it is 11, I presume this resets after you turn off optimisation.  I have changed it again, will check tomorrow.

But, so far, so good.  You are my hero.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 10

Good Morning pbrettoner

Firmware now updated and WIFI optimisation switched off. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

Also whilst you are in there, can you turn off auto optimisation again please.  Even though it has allegedly been done, i still have to change my channel from 11, 6 or 1, back to a less congested channel, every week.  As the gremlins in the machine keep moving me onto popular channels, reducing my bandwidth and causing drop outs, unintentionally of course.

See attachment, i set channel to 8 a few days ago. After reset, back to 11, which also has another AP already. Channel 7,8,9 and 10 have none.

Proof that auto optimisation still happens.  I spent a lot of time arguing with live chat jan 21, until you resolved this.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Perfect, modem is reset, showing factory name. I look forward to getting up and running again.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10

Hi pbrettoner

Thank you. I can update the FW tomorrow morning 6:30am. Will this be ok?

Message 7 of 10

Thank you Debbie.

I am working from my friends house today, due to not being able to access VPN.

When I get home approx 530, I shall reset router.

It does not get unplugged so you can try connecting after that or tomorrow, Wednesday, I will be at home then.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi pbrettoner

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

Please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole for ten seconds, I can then try and connect to your router again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10
0 Likes