FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Stopped Working

DanStarr
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

My VPN connection which has never been an issue no longer works. I've check with my companies IT department and the issue isn't there's. VPN still working when I connect to a different source (my mobile phone tethered EE). I've read on here its a firmware issue with the router?

I spoke with someone from talk talk and I was just getting told how to connect my laptop to a wifi connection?! Honestly very confusing after explaining the issue complete waste of time.

Thanks

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Dan

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Wow that was fast!! Working again now. Thank you so much! 😀

Thanks

Dan

Message 3 of 20

Hi Dan

I'm really sorry about this.

I've rolled the FW back again, please can you retest and let me know how you get on.

The firmware should now remain on this version, I have spoken to our Products Team about this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Seems my VPN is being blocked again. Has there been another update, i've checked my router and it was reset recently.

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Dan

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

VPN now working again, thank you for your help.

Also thanks to @Skynet_TX @ferguson @Mr Bear 1  

Dan

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 20

@Mr Bear 1 Yep, the Windows Update did cause some problems, but there is also a known issue with the new firmware for the Sagemcom that can cause issues too, so there are actually two things that could be having an impact here !. However as @DanStarr said that the VPN was working ok on that same device when using mobile tethering, it is most likely that the issue here is related to the router rather than the Windows Update.

Mr Bear 1
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 20

The last Patch Tuesday apparently broke the Win10/Win11 VPN. There's a fix out for it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/january-17-2022-kb5010793-os-builds-19042-1469-19043-1469-...

Message 9 of 20

Message 10 of 20

Thanks Debbie 😀

When i get home tonight i will test it and let you know.

Thanks

Dan

Message 11 of 20

Hi Debbie,

I'm not home but the router is online.

Thanks

Dan

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Dan

Please can you retest and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Dan

Thank you 🙂

Please can you leave the router switched on so I can make some changes?

Message 14 of 20

Hi Debbie,

I've added my landline to my profile information.

Thanks

Dan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 20

Hi DanStarr

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 16 of 20

@DanStarr I believe there may be a fix for this specific Windows VPN issue, wait until the support team pick this up and they should be able to sort this out for you. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 20

Ok, this is a problem that has affected several people recently, that version of firmware is very new, so your router has probably only very recently upgraded to it, and it will be since that upgrade that your VPN will be failing, the products team here are investigating the root cause.

The staff here will be able to help, they may just suggest that they send you a router of a different type (the Huawei Wi-Fi Hub) as that is not affected by this problem, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow to help.

Message 18 of 20

Hi Skynet_TX

Yeah SAGAMCOM - version SG4K100130. Using the built in Windows 10 VPN.

Hoping for a fix! Thanks for replying to my post appreciate it.

Dan

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi @DanStarr,

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?

If so, if you go to http://192.168.1.1/ and look at the 'version' towards the bottom of the screen is it SG4K100130 ?

What VPN software are you trying to use, is it the built in Windows 10/11 VPN ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.