FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection issue with router HG633

Rajesh2308
Participant
Message 34 of 34

Hi,

I cannot connect to my office VPN. I am using HG633 router with hardware version H.1.01 and software version v2.00t. I did a reset to the router but still it does not work.

Please help

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

check the port numbers in the port forwarding config - there are only certain port numbers that it allows you to select, once i'm home will check on mine for you, although it's a different software version, it may give clues into how to solve the problem. 

problem being, from memory, you could only select well known port numbers, and as a result that one isn't going to be on the list. 

Thanks Stuart
0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hi Rajesh

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send another HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 34

Hi,

No, can I get another HG633?

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Hi Rajesh

Have you tested with 2 different HG633 routers on your own line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 34

Hi,

Yes I spoke to VPN vendor and they say there is new issue at their end. Infact my colleague (having  talk talk connection similar to mine) tested my HG633 router at his place (somewhere in Stratford) and it works fine for him. So I believe there is definitely some issue with my line. 

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hi Rajesh2308,

Unfortunately there is nothing further we can advise as it should work fine on both the HG633 and the 3782 router with the new firmware so I'm not sure what else to suggest for this. Have you spoken directly with the VPN vendor to see if they can troubleshoot this any further?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 34

Hi,

I am trying to connect https://vpn.matchesremote.com:4433 and unable to connect. The error message I get is “This site can’t be reached”. I do not know about the problem. If this does not get resolved then I might have to shift to another service provider.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Hi Rajesh2308,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. I've re-checked the firmware and the router does have the latest version which should resolve the VPN issue.

We have tested both firmware for the 3782 and the HG633 and VPN did work fine with both routers. I'm not sure what else we can advise in regards to this. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 34

Then I will pass it back to the OCEs.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 10 of 34

Hi,

I spoke to my IT team and they say there is no such issue.

Need help to resolve it please.

Thanks, 

Rajesh

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 34

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I have posted on this one before, I think one of my suggestions was overlooked. Does the customer's IT dept allocate an IP address that would conflict with the 192.168.1.0/24 network?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 12 of 34

Hi Rajesh2308,

To be honest I'm not sure why VPN is not working as this has been tested on both the HG633 (V2.00) and the 3782 (v1.10) and these should both work fine. @KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any more advice?

Thanks

Message 13 of 34

Hi Chris,

Yes, I tried with different laptop but same issue. Cannot connect.

Yes, my colleague has talk talk fibre connection.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 14 of 34

Hi Rajesh,

Are you able to test with a different device (laptop)? You've said your colleague is also with TalkTalk, do they also have a TalkTalk fibre connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 34

Hi,

Yes, issue with both wired and wireless. Please help in getting it fixed.  I have been struggling from long with this issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 16 of 34

Hi Rajesh2308,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, does this affect both wired and wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 34

Hi Debbie,

I spoke to my IT department and they believe no issues at their end. My other colleague staying  in Stratford using Talk Talk and it works fine (HG633 router).

Is this VPN issue specific to any area? I need help to fix it as I cannot work from home.

Thanks,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 18 of 34

Hi Rajesh

Apologies for this.

VPN should work ok with the HG633 and with the DSL3782 (with the new firmware) Have you contacted your IT department in regards to this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 34

Hi Debbie,

Still unable to connect. I restarted/reset both the routers (HG633 & DSL3782) but unable to connect to my office vpn.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Likes

Message 20 of 34

Hi Rajesh2308

I have updated your router firmware, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes