FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection issue

brucexu
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I am having issues connecting to the VPN to work from home. I have read other forums and been told its due to my router and I need a new one please help. I have tried live chat but this did not help at all.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi brucexu

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working.

Apologies for the issues you experienced reporting this fault. I will feed this back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie, the VPN works now! Thank you so much. 

I spent almost 2 hours talking to several TalkTalk customer service staff and an engineer visited this morning. 

However, none of them are aware of the cause(s) of the VPN connection issue, and suggested that I should contact my company IT department. May I suggest that you share the experience of dealing with this type of issue to the entire customer service team. 

Finally, just want to say thank you again for your time and support! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi brucexu

Thank you 🙂

All updated, please can you retest?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie, please make the change now. Thank you very much for your support! 

Message 5 of 8

Hi brucexu

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl, Thanks for your reply. I have provided my TalkTalk home phone number (although I don't use the phone). 

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes