FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection issue

vh_gb
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I have been unable to connect to my work VPN using the built-in Windows 10/11 VPN client. I have verified that I can connect to my work VPN when I try it via Vodafone fibre and Virgin. It's only the TalkTalk connection I have at home which does not successfully connect. I see multiple forum posts regarding the same issue, and it looks like it's a problem with the firmware/router (which was solved by replacing the router with a Huawei one.)
Could someone please help me with this issue?

I have updated my community profile with my details (please contact me on the alternate phone number provided).

Router details -- 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K100136

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi NatalieT

I will post on your topic on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I have this same issue. just bought a new router as my IT department said it could be that issue. Still doesnt work

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 9

@NatalieT, staff replied on your thread, which is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Firewall-blocking-VPN/td-p/2903362

Please stick to that thread and keep on the lookout for a reply from TT staff. 

I'll re-escalate it for you. 

Staff only reply to the original poster. 

Keep track of your topics in the ACTIVITY tab, in your forum profile area.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

NatalieT
Sightseer
Message 4 of 9

Hi Debbie, I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my VPN. I have just got back from Maternity leave when beforehand I could work from home but now I cannot access my work VPN but I can from other providers like Virgin. I have logged this with my IT team who said its a Talk Talk issue. Could you help me please. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi vh_gb

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I've just sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

vh_gb
First Timer
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk and Skynet_TX,

Thanks for updating the router firmware. I can confirm that my VPN connection works flawlessly!

Appreciate the quick turnaround on this! 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi vh_gb

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @vh_gb,

You shouldn't need a new router, the support team here should be able to change the firmware version on your existing router to resolve this issue. They will hopefully be able to reply tomorrow to help further (they won't phone you, they will reply here)