FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection

Emma1105
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I had an engineer visit yesterday to install a line. I'm working from home and have a problem with VPN connection on wifi, if I tether my mobile data to computer then VPN connection works. Please help!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Emma1105

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think we should send a different make and model of router for testing. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Some of the older D-Link routers can be a bit temperamental with VPN connectivity. The staff here won't be back until Monday, but if they think it would be best to try a more modern router then they would be able to arrange to get one sent to you. They will be able to respond to this topic early next week to help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi

Everything was working fine at my previous address. I'm still using same router (D-Link model: DSL-3782) and VPN software (not sure which software it is, but other members of staff working from their homes using same VPN software with no issues and I had no issues earlier this week while at mum and dad's using their internet), the only thing that has changed is line installed at my new home.

Couldn't access web based programme that work uses either, but could tethering my mobile to computer, but can't do this every day as I don't have a lot of mobile data.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Emma1105,

What make of router do you have ?

What VPN software are you trying to use ?

There are some tips here that are worth trying, especially checking the Homesafe settings.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes