FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN has stopped working

Foxy123
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

I am having issues connecting to my work VPN. It worked fine before when I had to work from home earlier in the year but now will not connect.
Now I’ve suddenly had to start working from home again as my son tested positive and it will not connect.  It just comes up with unknown error. I have spoken to our work IT expert who has checked all settings and we connected to a hotspot and it connected to the VPN fine.  So they have assured me it is to do with Talk Talk and/or the router.   I went on live chat for a long time yesterday only to be cut off when they didn’t know what else I could try.   I have been on live chat again today for them to have sent me a link of what to do, all of which was what has already been tried and tested.  Then I got cut off again. So frustrating. I can access the internet and work emails but not connect to the VPN.  I have read many many posts and forums about this problem today and it seems the only solution after trying everything else is for you to send a different hub to try.   Are you able to send one please? I look forward to hearing back. Thank you.  The OCE’s appear so helpful on here compared with live chat.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Foxy123,

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has answered your question, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 15

Keep tracking number and a certificate of posting, @Foxy123.

Instructions are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

The specific address currently shows as:

20220108_124856.jpg

Staff will not be back before Monday, so if you need to reach Talktalk today ring 03451 720088 or use Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi. Can you please confirm the address I’m sending it to is 71 Bilton Way, Enfield.  I’m trying to find the correct label as it got amongst Xmas things and I’m not sure if this is a recent label I found. Also should the label show my account number? It gives a customer reference but I can’t see that number mentioned anywhere on my online account? I’m going to put the router only in the grey bag as instructed.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Foxy123

Apologies for this.

Please only return the Sagemcom router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Good afternoon. Please can you help. I haven’t sent the old router back yet with Christmas and everything.  But I have received an email reminder to return by 18th Jan otherwise you will charge me £50.  However, the email is asking me to return the wrong item. It tells me to return a set top box with serial number N7192884N014853. That isn’t what I received a replacement of. I am meant to be returning a Sagecom router.  Can you help please as I don’t want Talk Talk to charge me £50 for sending a router back when in their email they are incorrectly asking for a set top box! 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Foxy123

You'll have a couple of weeks to return the old router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Morning Debbie. Yes I will do thank you.  Will I get charged though if I don’t send the old router back straight away please?  

Message 8 of 15

Hi Foxy123

Ok no problem 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi.  The connection seems to be fine now but I will monitor it for a little while just to be absolutely sure.  Thank you so much for your help.

Message 10 of 15

Morning,

Thanks for the update. How has the connection been?

Thanks

Foxy123
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 15

Thank you very much. Unbelievably the new router was delivered today! On a Sunday too! So that was super quick.  I will post again with the outcome 😁🤞

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 15

They normally say 24 - 48 hours, @Foxy123, but "allow up to 5 working days" or something to that effect.

Normally these come surprisingly quickly, but we are entering the busy Xmas phase and this is a weekend.....

Staff will be back on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Foxy123
Whizz Kid
Message 13 of 15

Hi. Thank you for your quick reply. Do you have any idea how long it will take to receive another router please? Many thanks, I am so grateful. I can’t believe I wasted all that time on live help getting nowhere when I could have just come on here!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi

i'll swap out the hub and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes