FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN suddenly stopped working

PapaPaws
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi. As per subject. Work VPN worked perfectly fine for over a year up until 1 am Wednesday night. After I've tried to reconnect at 9am Wednesday morning the VPN connection gets stuck at "Connecting..." and eventually timing out. I have done troubleshooting with TalkTalk agents over support chat yesterday and today with no joy. The last one even tried to send me to windows support as it apparently has nothing to do with ISP (ikr?). I've done system restore (in case windows updated meddled with it), I have reset router to factory settings, I went through windows troubleshoot, our work network engineer checked all the connections. 

I saw people having this issue fixed by having their routers replaced. Is this something that could be done, please?  I am now lagging 2 days with work piling up.

Edit: Current router model SG4K100130

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you very much Karl,

I'll let you know if it fixed the issue. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

The Hub is now on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

PapaPaws
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Yes please!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi PapaPaws

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can send you a Huawei WIFI hub for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris,

Thank you, done as requested. Both profile update and router nap. Didn't help. I have also brought another DSL router from the workplace to see if it would make any difference, but it doesn't. It works perfectly fine and all, but no difference to endlessly connecting/timing out VPN, unfortunately. Looking forward to hearing back from you with more ideas, I'd love to have it solved!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi PapaPaws,

Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If this doesn't resolve the problem can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes