FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

Rich22
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have used a VPN to connect remotely  for several years without any issues. Since last week I have not been able to connect via the port, error code 619. TalkTalk software is blocking the port. Just to make it worse, TeamViewer also gets blocked, so our IT guys cannot get on to my PC to diagnose the problem, as suggested by Customer Support. 

I have been through all the factory resetting, turning off for 20 minutes processes, setting checks etc. but no use.

I suspect that there has been a very non-smart update to the Firmware, affecting a lot of users. 

Router model Sagemcom FAST 5364

Firmware SG4K100136

I retrieved an old out of date TalkTalk router from the recycling bin and tried that, and it worked. Obviously this router has been shielded from the pesky software update. (It’s not meant for fibre broadband).

How do get to where I was 2 weeks ago, being able to do my work remotely?

RS
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Rich22

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂  Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

Rich22
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Debbie, great. Up and running again. 

RS

Message 3 of 8

Hi Rich22

Thank you 🙂

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Rich22
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

This can be done anytime from now.

RS

Message 5 of 8

Hi Rich22

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware. When would be the best time for us to do the update? (the router will reboot whilst we are updating the FW so we need the router to be left switched on)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Rich22
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your prompt response. The FAST router is permanently on. I have had several long online chats with technical support, but they didn’t seem to comprehend the issue. I look forward to tomorrow 🤞.

RS

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

There have been issues with this latest firmware. The support team should be able to sort it out for you tomorrow, but you will need to have the router connected to allow them remote access.