FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Customer Service - New Customer

rachyg
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I am a new TalkTalk fibre broadband only customer, my service should've gone live 4 days ago after a house move.

However after a string of poor customer service experiences with Talk Talk over the phone and on online chat and after two broken promises of failed engineer visits, here I am typing my complaint on the Talk Talk forum...still with no broadband service.

I should've had a visit from a Talk Talk engineer on Monday 18th to set up my new broadband service - they didn't turn up but was later informed the visit was unnecessary and I just need to switch on my router no Mon 18th and 'it should work'

Did just that....no connection, just flashing amber light.

After speaking with various members of the Talk Talk customer service team (via online chat and phone) an Openreach engineer visit was organised for Thurs 21st. I was informed they didn't turn up (after I called Talk Talk).....however, I didn't actually receive the promised confirmation of said visit in the first place.

The current situation is that I am paying for a broadband package from Talk Talk which I have not yet received or had correctly installed.

I type my complaint on here in the hope that these message boards are monitored and someone from Talk Talk can kindly contact me over this before I cancel my package.

I have persisted with this but, each time I call Talk Talk from my mobile phone, it is costing me. This among other elements of my poor service just cannot continue,

Regards,

Rachael

12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Rachael

If you have no dialtone then this will need to be investigated first as this will affect the broadband connection.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie,

I have replied to your private message.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Unfortunately we haven't got an actual home phone to test this.

However, I have called my talk talk landline number which dials out when I call it from my mobile phone - if that's anything to go by?

We are planning on getting a phone, so the setup is currently router > micro filter > mast socket (test)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Rachael

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a dial tone if you connect a phone directly at the test socket? It should still work without the face plate, you would just need to connect the phone and router at the test socket using a micro filter.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Yes, the router is switched on and plugged into the test socket. The light on the hub has been flashing orange.

Just to note, unsure if this makes any difference - the previous tenants had Virgin installed. the master socket does not have a front plate, so it only has a test socket. Could this potentially be the issue?

I reply to my message now.

Cheers,

Rachael

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Rachael

Is your router currently connected to the line/test socket and switched on?

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Thanks for your help, Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

This is the fifth day in dealing with Talk Talk and I have never experienced such incompetency in both delivering a product and customer service.

I hope you're right, Ferguson, but I'm sure you that you can understand my confidence in this organisation has been dented.

Do you have any idea when I can expect to hear from a 'helpful' member of the team?

...or will it be a 72 hour wait followed by a call be myself?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi Rachael

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 13

Hopefully you will not find the team here "helpless," they are first class and have an excellent record at getting things done. Good luck!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for replying Ferguson.

I have added my landline and account number to my profile.

I look forward in speaking with yet another helpless member of the Talk Talk team before I cancel my package, get a full refund and take my business elsewhere.

Cheers,

Rachael

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had in setting up your service. The TalkTalk support team here will gladly look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number, account number and/or order number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

0 Likes