FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low download speed

Liuis
Sightseer
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

I have ordered fibre 65 and download speed that I have now is maximum 5MB/s . Real speed supposed to be around 40-50MB/s. Feels like its a limit or something because download speed can reach 5MB/s and never more. What is the problem?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Liuis,

Thanks for answering the security questions. The latest note on the system says that the order has been reappointed to tomorrow (1 Oct 21), apologies for the delay

Chris

Message 2 of 7

Hi Liuis,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Liuis
Sightseer
Message 3 of 7

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi Liuis

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Liuis,

In addition to @Divsec's advice, are you sure you are not confusing mbps with MB/s.

Your expected speed range of 40 - 50 will be in mbps (mega bits per second), and 40mbps is 5MB/s (mega bytes per second)

See conversion details here : https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs

If you run a speed test what results do you get.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Liuis Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account

have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.