FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow fibre speeds

Aidanchaddy
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Hey, 

My Broadband only went live yesterday and I know there is a 14 day stabilisation period but I’m pretty disappointed with the speeds I am getting on throughout the day 

I was promised a minimum of 67mbps but I am only getting between 4 and 12 at a push and it seems to be getting worse. After reading through the threads it appears many people have had these problems and it doesn’t seem to get sorted - I need the Internet for work and cannot even make a stable teams/Skype call to clients 

I have attached various test results I have done through the past 2 days. 

Please can you advise if this will reach the 67mbps by the end of the 14 days otherwise I would like to cancel as I am not getting the service I was promised

thanks 

76835F84-F6BF-4C7D-BAA1-F0A8BCCC561D.jpeg

5FDCACF1-A023-4346-A3E0-29E1B0025BC4.png

Aidan
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Aidanchaddy

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, 

Tested a few times today and all now seems to be above my minimum speed guarantee so thanks 🙂  

Aidan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 9

Hi Aidanchaddy

Sorry for the delay.

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks, will try that and report back in the morning 🙂

Aidan

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

Ok, so your sync speed is good, the router is getting 66mbps delivered to it. First thing to try would be to switch your router off for over 30 minutes, that will reset your session in the street cabinet, and can often resolve issues where the throughput speed is much lower than the sync speed.

Aidanchaddy
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

*Below screenshot results

Aidan
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks, 

I’ve run the test on multiple devices wired and wireless just now and the same results of download 8-12 mbps appeared on all - upload speed was even lower when wired which was down to 2mbps 

I have tested the hub ‘sync speed’ and that comes out with the screenshot yes results 

C41D0E06-5D0B-4E32-8AC7-87ED64D8821C.png

Aidan
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Aidanchaddy,

Are those speed test results from a device that is connected wired or wireless ?

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes