FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Connected , No Internet!

gordonheeley
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I have a FAST5364 3.00 router running SG4K10002816t firmware that is causing some devises connected to say they are connected but with no internet. A reset seems to sort it for a while but the problem comes back a few days later.

Having done a search online it seems this has been a problem for some people before but I can't see any talk of a fix.

Just wondering if there is a fix and if I'm running the latest firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie, I have the same issue, please could you update the firmware on mine too?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Gordon

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Chris,

All seems fine now, everything seems to have stayed connected so far anyway. I'll let you know if that changes!

Thank you!

Gordon

Message 5 of 12

OK the Firmware update should be completed now 🙂

Chris

Message 6 of 12

Hi Gordon,

I'll start the firmware update process now, this can take up to 10 minutes so please don't switch your router off

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Hi @gordonheeley,

You don't need to do anything, just leave the router switched on and @Debbie-TalkTalk will be able to update the firmware for you. Your router will drop its connection and restart as part of the update.

If it has been this known DNS issue causing your problems then the firmware upgrade should fix it. However if you have only been seeing this issue on wireless devices, and not wired devices, then it is also possible that Wi-Fi interference could cause similar symptoms. So if you do still experience the same problems after the upgrade then do post back here to let us know, and we can try to help further.

The support team here will be back in the morning, so will hopefully be able to do the update then.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Debbie,

That would be great if you could. Will I need to do anything? If not anytime really, it's always on.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 12

Hi gordonheeley

Apologies for this.

I can update your router with new firmware which should fix the DNS issue.

When would be the best time to update your router FW? We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

Hi @gordonheeley,

That version of firmware is known to have an issue that can cause DNS resolution failures, so this can cause devices to effectively be unable to access the internet even though they are connected fine to the router, and the router still shows the white LED indicating that it is connected.

There are newer versions of firmware that claim to resolve this issue. The support team here should be able to assist when they are back tomorrow.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

How do the affected devices connect to the router via a wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes