FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI does not connect to so many devices

JTJTJT
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

I have been with talk talk for years and for about 2 years, we struggle to connect  devices. Wired connection works as does TV's and XBOX but laptops and mobiles disconnect all the time and we struggle to load pages on phones ext..

I have tried loads of time to speak to Talk Talk who do things there end but the problem still persists. My last chat took me all afternoon and in the end the lady said to call back when i have someone else in my house who can help me as i presume she didn't think i have any capabilities ! I have a copy of the chat as it was so patronising. 

I have been with talk talk for well over 10 years and will be leaving soon if this is not fixed, my router is really old and suspect that we just need a new router, I also pay for most people in the house to have unlimited data as it is so frustrating,  Can anyone help please as i just want to use my WIFI....

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

I'm really sorry about the issues you experienced and I will feed this back.

If you do experience any further issues with the connection then please post back here on the Community and we will look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

JTJTJT
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 11

Hi 

Its amazing, everything works, i can use my computer without a lead, i can download files on my phone and browse the internet... this really has been life changing for all my family.

I'm just so disappointed in how i have been treated by the customer service team at Talk Talk for so long and how much extra i have spent on extra data , have you seen records of some of my chats? I can you send you some if you like the last time i contacted talk talk it was in April and it lasted over 2 hours the customer service lady finished the chat by saying:

"My apologies as this are the steps tha are prompted to me JTJTJT
-Ask a family member or
-Friend to help Stop where I am
-And I'll call back later Unwilling to continue"

My reply to this comment was 

"Why are you unwilling to continue? There are no family or friend who can help this is my contract and i am trying to resolve a problem. Is the problem unfixable or are you unwilling to help?"

"If the problem is unfixable i can leave the contract now"

"Hello?"

She then didn't respond again..it took me 3 months to work up the courage to contact you again. 

I just kept getting told the line was ok and if someone came out to check everything it could cost me if you were found not to be at fault (never told how much) ... I couldn't afford to pay this so it never happened. i was also quoted over a £100 to leave the contract early, again i just didnt have the money to pay.

Thanks for listening and also helping to fix the problem.

JT

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

I'm so sorry about the issues you experienced with the connection.

Has the connection been ok with the replacement router connected?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JTJTJT
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 11

Hi

I received the replacement router yesterday and i now have WIFI!

I don't know if to laugh or cry as everyone is so happy in the house but for over 12 month this has cost me extra in data fees for mobile phones ( i have 3 children), an awful lot of stress and some very long phone calls and chats with Talk Talk customer service the last one lasted over 2 hours with extremely frustrating messages sent to me ( i have copies if you want to see).

Thank you Debbie so much for such good customer service (just wish i spoke with you a long time ago).

JT

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, there will be no charge for this router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JTJTJT
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 11

Hi 

Is there an additional cost?  If there is no cost then yes please

Thank you 

Message 8 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

I have also completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JTJTJT
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 11

Hi 

I was told that i was using the following router in my last chat:

WiFi_Hub_Sagemcom_FAST5364

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi JTJTJT

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, are you currently using the Sagemcom WIFI hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes