FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on compensation for 6 weeks loss of service

LaurenDeBou
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi, 

I always experienced issues with slowness when I had broadband with you. I decided to upgrade to fibre on the 17th June and that should have gone live on the 2nd July. I had a complete loss of connection from 2nd July until an engineer finally turned up on 12th August, I believe it was. 

In this time I made countless phone calls to the customer service team. I had to move out of my home and stay with a friend because I was working from home due and with no connection that was impossible.

We booked an engineer 4 times in total with customer service. The first 3 times we were fobbed off with excuses as to why no one turned up. As it turns out the agents had never booked the engineers properly until the final time when someone arrived. 

Long story short, I am due compensation for the time without a service being provided and having to leave my house in order to work. I was told by customer service that they could auto compensate £20 which would sit as a buffer on my account and I would be called with details of the further compensation as that would need to be calculated by an external team. Its not been 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything. When i spoke to customer service yesterday, the agent was rude and told me I wasn't due anything, as soon as I challenged that, she hung up on me.

This needs to be sorted ASAP please.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi @LaurenDeBou

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes