FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to upgrade to Fibre (FTTC), TalkTalk provides to building but not my flat.

Nimpulse
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hey all,

I'm currently being provided a standard VDSL connection through TalkTalk as (at the time) it was all TalkTalk were able/willing to provide at my address which was fair as the address was a new build block of flats out of a former office building.

Since then however, not having Fibre during this time has been something of an awkward thing to work around, and I have noted that OpenReach says that they provide FTTC to my building, as do BT and Sky - further according to any Fibre Broadband checker they say that they also provide Fibre to not only my building but to almost any address within my building except me. 

I have previously spoken to someone at TalkTalk to ask if they provide Fibre, where they told me what their tool says which is 'no'. But at this point, I'm asking *why* my apartment is the only one that doesn't come up on the tool as fibre available within my building? Would it be possible to get an engineer down here to clarify that case? (Although the last Engineer I had down here said that Fibre was already hooked up to the building, so is it just TalkTalk that haven't updated their records to allow fibre?)

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @Nimpulse

Sorry that you are thinking of leaving 

At this time your cancellation fee would be £85.22 

You can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Friday 10:00 to 18:00pm and Saturday 10:00-18:00) on 03451720046 to discuss this.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

If that is the case, could I get some clarification on ending a contract early.

From what I've seen elsewhere on the site, the early termination fee is between £8-10 depending on the service provided per remaining months of the contract and for any boosts there many be an additional charge. Is that the only assumed costs of cancelling broadband with TalkTalk as far as you're aware?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I understand your frustration, We are not given any information regarding when a particular exchange is upgraded or when space is freed up. Sorry 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hey @Arne-TalkTalk 

Apologies for the late response, I appreciate that 'capacity gets reviewed constantly' - but typically it's down to OpenReach in terms of the last ones to get on the bus right - and to a great extent I have better clarity and transparency with OpenReach than I do with TalkTalk. Is there a functionality that could give me a timeline or a practical ballpark date when I could expect capacity to be increased?

This coming from other service providers who are not at capacity in my area, combined with the knowledge that 'at capacity' is a placeholder term at best and doesn't stretch to an obvious goal state. 

I do not mean to sound rude if I am, I'm just simply looking for some kind of estimate - otherwise it is going to be practically simpler and potentially cheaper to just find another service provider who is *not* at capacity as TalkTalk appears to be.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Nimpulse

The most likely answer is that the fibre capacity has been reached in the green cabinet that provides your building. Capacity gets reviewed constantly it is ultimately based upon demand. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hey there @Arne-TalkTalk 

Would you be able to go into further detail regarding the issue of capacity then? As far as I am aware the entire building is already hooked up to fibre at the cabinet to begin with, however the availability on the website changes from flat-to-flat through the TalkTalk fibre availability tool and as the building is a new build. Would it be possible that it simply needs to be updated on TalkTalks end?

Further, if every other provided is able to provide fibre at the building also then what exactly is the blocking problem for TalkTalk? 

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Nimpulse

Fibre may be available in the area , however at this time there is no capacity , All we can advise is that you continue to monitor our fibre availability checker on our website. 

Sorry again. 

Message 8 of 10

Hey there @Skynet_TX !

Hopefully should have added those details now, thank you for the assistance! 

To confirm yes, it's the Standard Broadband ADSL rather than VDSL. I always conflate the two, sorry.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Nimpulse ,

I'm assuming that in the first line of your post you mean you are currently on standard ADSL, as VDSL is fibre.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to pass this onto the correct team to advise.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post in the next few days.