FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Below Guaranteed Speed

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

Hello

I am getting very slow speeds this morning. Nothing in my set up has changed.

The router says its connected at 53.9 down/13.6 up.

My speed test with Ookla is 2.38 down/12.79 up. Running a speed test on the service status page give a result higher(hmmm) but only 4 down/13 up.

I have tried all the usual, restarting the router, only one device connected by ethernet, remade all connections etc

The "live" connection test is pointless. It's obviously not live otherwise it wouldn't say if its a recent issue then it might not have detected it so try in 15 minutes! I've been on this for over an hour now so...

Can someone please try and resolve this.

Many thanks

Rich

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 11

Thanks! I'll give it go. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

It most certainly will, I personally find the Huawei to work better than the Sagemcom.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Router received, thanks for getting on this so quickly.

One question though. My current router is a sagecom model whereas the new one is a Huawei model.

I've read that the Huawei model is for 38mb fibre and the sagecom for 67mb.

I'm currently on 67mb, will this replacement router work at this speed? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi

Router is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

I guess another router is worth a try, thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

Ok, do you want to try a replacement router to rule out a hardware issue before we request an engineer ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Karl.

The line has always been a bit noisy but nothing out of the ordinary today. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Rich1971

Line tests are passing but I can see the recent speed tests are low. I am detecting an increased voltage across the line.

Can you check the home phone, is there a clear dial tone or any noise on the line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 11

Hi Divsec

Thanks for that.

Hugely skeptical of the 30 minute power off but tried it anyway. No change.

Also tried a factory reset of the router and still no change.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Rich1971  have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes