FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What download speeds should i be getting?

ashleyrm92
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

Hello everyone.

I am on the faster fibre 150mpbs and on steam when downloading i get around 18mbps when downloading, i have an ethernet plugged in to the PC, is that normal or should i be getting more? Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi ashleyrm92

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Are you perhaps mixing up your bits with your bytes? 1 megabyte of data downloads at 8 megabits a second, so 18 MB times 8 would equal 144 Mbps, which looks about right.  

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Use the Service Centre to check  (via Service Status in the forum menu), @ashleyrm92.

You should see your minimum and maximum expected speeds in there.

Staff are not back on here before Monday. It may take a couple of days for them to reach your thread. 

They will need to identify your account. Please complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Chat is available from links on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.