FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will talk talk provide FTTP

Nick1970
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

Two months ago. I received an email from open reach that FTTP was now available in my area. A neighbour has it through Sky and got it a week before we had official notification it was available. I also received a letter from BT saying I could now get it. My mum who lives a few streets away and doesn't have any Internet has received a letter from Sky saying she can get FTTP. Yet according to talktalk's own website I still can't get it. Even when I had a twitter conversation with talktalk about a month ago all I was told was it was not available but they would sign me up to be notified. If Sky and BT are offering it surely as talktalk use the openreach network it should be available. Or is there some sort of delay before talktalk can offer it? 

Reluctant tech user
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

martswain
Philosopher
Message 1 of 4

@Nick1970  UFO is TT's own product and only offered in York and few other areas.

Future Fibre is the product over the Openreach network.

0 Likes

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Check future fibre or UFO. Most BB checkers don't know if you have FTTP, only the BT/OR checker.

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

It could be a business decision not to offer it in your area.

All you can do is register to be notified.

0 Likes