FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Support? No chat no phone assistance?

JoSolinas
Team Player
Message 44 of 44

I have just bought Fibre35 but have not received the router.

Is my router too old for the new speed? The email says I will receive a new router but I can't talk or chat to anyone.

Where do I turn?

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44

Oops, or as @Gliwmaeden2 has correctly added there should be a grey Chat offline banner when they are closed, sorry I didn't mention that, forgot to look at the clock!

Message 22 of 44

@JoSolinas, Chat is now closed for the night.

Both phone help and Chat reopen at 9am. 

The links you had should be working: it now says Chat Offline, where you would click to get through. 

When it's available, the banner is blue, and when it's purple it means they are busy but open.

Here it is again, and you can check opening hours. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 23 of 44

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Scroll down the page a bit until you get to the Still looking for some help? bit and there should be either a Chat now banner in blue, or a Chat busy banner in purple. If you just see a blank space proceed as I said earlier. 

Message 24 of 44

Hi @ferguson 

Would you be able to send me the link? I just tried mine and definitely not working.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

I have just checked and Live chat is working right now. You may need to disable pop up/ad blockers, or try a different browser,

0 Likes

Message 26 of 44

Hi @AllyM 

No there is no answer on the phone line and the chat does not work, otherwise I would not have written this.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

@JoSolinas wrote:

it took me a week to realise how to seek for help as you are closed with no phone or chat or no way to contact any of you.

I already wrote all this, is anyone going to put my case to bed?

The staff on this forum generally don't work weekends. I'm sure they'll get back to you next week.

For your information though, TalkTalk support has always been available by phone on 0345 172 0046 or via live chat here: Our update on Coronavirus - TalkTalk Help & Support (that page also includes the current phone and chat support opening hours - unfortunately no phone support on Sundays though)

0 Likes

Message 28 of 44

I've already said last week that the line is working since I switched off the router for half an hour, something that no one in talk talk ever had told me to do, your letter said you were sending a new router, very confusing, how do you expect your customers to know what to do?

I have written again saying I should only be paying £22 and not £23.50 and from 13th March not 5th March since it took me a week to realise how to seek for help as you are closed with no phone or chat or no way to contact any of you.

I already wrote all this, is anyone going to put my case to bed?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 44

Hi JoSolinas,

Thanks for answering the security questions. Line test is passing and current sync speed is 39.9Mbps, minimum guaranteed speed is 35.0Mbps

Could you run some speed tests, at least 10 minutes apart, on the My Account speed checker on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable. Please let us know when you've done this.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 44

Hi JoSolinas,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 44

Hi JoSolinas

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 44

I have switched off the router for 30 minutes and it worked. Thanks for your help @Skynet_TX .

JoSolinas_0-1615677777930.png

I just need to make sure they are charging me correctly now. @Karl-TalkTalk can you assist with this?

Message 33 of 44

Hi @JoSolinas,

Ok, the 'Speed To Your Router' should really be up in that estimated speed range in the high 30's. So this may indicate there is some problem with the line or with the router.

First thing to try would be switching the router off for over 30 minutes (if you have not done that since the upgrade), to be honest I don't think that will help, but it is always worth a go as it is an easy thing to try.

If that doesn't help it would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘Run a live connection test’ on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Message 34 of 44

And why is it showing £23.50, this is what they offered:

JoSolinas_0-1615580031657.png

0 Likes

Message 35 of 44

Hi Skynet,

Yes they wrote this to me:

Your order

Your estimated broadband speeds

Download Speeds

Maximum speed

37.0 Mb

Typical speed range

36.0 Mb to 37.0 Mb

Minimum guaranteed speed

35.0 Mb

Upload Speeds

Maximum speed

9.0 Mb

Typical speed range

8.0 Mb to 9.0 Mb

Minimum speed

7.0 Mb

From 5.03.21 my profile says I'm on Fibre35.

But even just now I have tried their service status and it says this:

JoSolinas_0-1615579551195.png

Which is a lot higher than what 

JoSolinas_1-1615579690830.png

Why can I not talk to anyone? TalkTalk and I cannot talk to you? 

Are they going to charge me the new tariff, I will go crazy if they do.

Where is the assistance?

0 Likes

Message 36 of 44

Hi @JoSolinas,

If you log into 'My Account' does it show that your package has changed to Fibre 35.

When you upgraded, TalkTalk should have quoted you an expected speed range, and a guaranteed minimum speed. You should also be able to see your expected speed range from the Service Centre. Upgrading to Fibre 35 does not mean you will get speeds of 35mbps, the speed you can get is totally dependent on the length and quality of your phone line. Fibre 35 can provide speeds of up to 40mbps. But the actual speed you can get should be in the expected speed range that was quoted to you when you upgraded (and is also shown in the Service Centre).

If the speeds you are getting are below that expected speed range then that would indicate some problem that would need investigation.

Are you running speed tests from a wired or wireless device, it is best to run them from a wired device to get accurate results.

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes since the upgrade, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

Message 37 of 44

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your reply but in that case why is the speedtest showing:

12 ping ms

10.52 download

8.81 upload

right now?

I have just upgraded from £17 to this for no change in speed?

Also, why is the confirmation showing £23.50 if the email of promotion I got says £22 per month? I expect to still pay £17 until I see minimum of 35 in download and then £22.

Please advise.

Jo

0 Likes

Message 38 of 44

Hi JoSolinas

I'm showing you have the wifi hub black connected. This is the latests router we issue wo fibre customers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 39 of 44
You don't need to post the S/N, now that you have completed your profile the staff here will be able to identify you, and they will able to see what router you have by connecting to it remotely.
0 Likes

Message 40 of 44

Hi, thank you for your reply, I have updated my profile now.

I wait to hear from you.

0 Likes