FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't TalkTalk offer Cityfibre based FTTP services at a lower price?

shahid76
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 5

Pretty much every ISP which sells both Openreach and Cityfibre FTTP products sells the latter for considerably less - I understand this is because Cityfibre's wholesale prices are a lot lower than Openreach's. For example looking at Zen:

OR 900/100 Mbps ; £64.99/m

CF 900/900 Mbps; £47.99/m (used to be £40/m)

OR 500/70 £56.99

CF 500/500 £38.99

Yet TalkTalk - who confusingly calls both OR and CF based FTTP products 'Future Fibre' - charge the same, eg £40/m for 'Future Fibre 500'. Can anyone explain TT's logic please?

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I can't tell you the reasoning behind business decisions as at our level we are not involved in this.

I can only advise that. as a customer, you have the right to shop around and secure the best deal for yourself.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for clarifying but my comments on commercial business decisions, I feel, would be valid and I doubt you will receive a response on the actual pricing functions Talktalk use.

You never know though, a response may be forthcoming.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

shahid76
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 5

Sorry I wasn't very clear. My query was about residential TalkTalk Future Fibre pricing as I plan on taking out a TT Cityfibre based service in the near future and was curious to know why TT don't have separate pricing for Openreach and Cityfibre based services, like every other ISP. And yes I have a TT Business FTTP line at present, but that's irrelevant to my query and in any case, TT business don't offer Cityfibre based FTTP services just yet.

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I assume from your signature you are a business customer.

This forum is for consumer customers and as such you should address your query directly to your help route via the TalkTalk Business channel.

Its unlikely staff here will know the answer, and in any event, it is a commercial decision, so TalkTalk would probably be unwilling to divulge their business decisions to their customers.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).