FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Channel does not stay on selected channel

jimifield
Participant
Message 8 of 8

Hi there

I need to set my wi-fi channel to a manual one (7) because Auto just results in clashes with neighbours on the same channel which causes conflicts and slow-down.

I can change the channel on my router easily (Sagem SG4K100136) but the next day, it reverts back to 1 or 6!

Previously, your guys had to disable this feature called "Wi-Fi Optimisation" manually at the TalkTalk end. That worked and it stayed on the right channel for ages, but now it's happening again.

Can you please disable wi-fi optimisation again for me permanently, so my channel stays on what I select?

It's a really silly bug. If we decide to manually change the channel, it should stay on that channel and it certainly should not need intervention from TT engineers!!! I see others have reported the same in posts like this one - Wi-FI Channel Moves Overnight Even Though Auto Not... - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

James

James
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Working now, thanks

James
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi James

No problem 🙂

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to short survey.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Super, thanks Debbie, I've set it to channel 5 and will monitor over the next 24hrs to check it sticks on there.

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly, thank you

James

Message 4 of 8

Hi James

Apologies for this.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off. Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

@jimifieldNEVER display personal information details on the public forum pages!

All your details should be up to date for staff to read in your community forum profile. 

The wi-fi optimisation can get triggered by a factory reset of the router or by the latest firmware, so unfortunately does require disabling again by staff.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

New firmware has been rolling out for the Sagemcom recently, when new firmware installs it turns Wi-Fi Optimisation back on. The support team here will be able to switch it off for you again tomorrow.

jimifield
Participant
Message 7 of 8

Line no. XXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

James
0 Likes