FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Speeds

Heughan
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Hi All,

Basically, we pay for TalkTalk Fibre65, however even the speed to the router never goes above 40 - and then when running speed tests on the individual devices it's rare to see a speed above 30.

The router is in an optimal place ( centre of the house, not surrounded by other electric devices, thick walls etc) and quite often completely drops out which is ridiculous.
We upgraded from the base fibre package and paid for the upgraded router as our old speeds used to be disgustingly low, but they still aren't anywhere near as good as what we pay for - and yet because even on a 65mbps line the minimum guaranteed speed is 28 which is ridiculous, TalkTalk refuses to help.

Does anyone have any ideas to help boost the speeds we get? 'As we're stuck in this awful contract until November this year when we will be leaving to move to Sky who are better value for money and offer a lot better speeds which have been tested before at this property and we genuinely get the speeds they advertise.

Finn
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

All tests are clear, and router in sync at 40mb. Estimated speed for your line is 32-36mb so the line is performing as it should and is in sync at the correct rate,

Can you run a couple of speed tests wired and then over wifi at https://speedtest.samknows.com

Let me know how the speeds compare.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris,

We don't use the home phone as we had one in our last house and never used it so we didn't bother 

Finn
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Heughan,

Line test is passing and router is in sync at 40.9Mbps, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Heughan
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

These were taken when I was the only device connected to the internet, and at 10pm so they're showing slightly higher than usual 🙂

StatusConnection TimeLink StatusStandardLine EncodingLink Encapsulation

Line 1
UP
4d 17h58m40s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

I think that's what you're asking for, let me know if it was wrong!

Finn
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

If your speeds were never above 40 then there is no benefit in being on Fibre 65, the physical limits of your line will determine your maximum connection rate.

Can you post the DSL statistics from your router? Subject to that, the support team will advise further as soon as they can when they are back online from tomorrow.