FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi Optimisation

semicerchi
Team Player
Message 30 of 30
Good afternoon,

I set up a TalkTalk Wi-fi Hub last night/this afternoon and things are working largely as I want, but I've noticed that the Wi-fi channels I set manually have changed a few times. From other threads it seems this could be due to the Wi-fi optimisation technology, which I would rather avoid. Could this be disabled please?

Thank you
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

I am having the exact same problem with the same router. Is there a solution to this? thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Hi semicerchi

That's great 🙂 Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Message 3 of 30

Hi, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks seem to have stayed on the same respective channels today, thank you.

Message 4 of 30

HI @Rayway

Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Hi semicerchi

This is still showing as switched off. I've saved the settings again, please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

@Rayway, you must start your own topic. 

Please go to the start of the board and click on "start a topic" to begin a fresh thread. 

Staff will not reply to the issue on another customer's help thread. 

@semicerchi, I'll re-escalate your thread as it is not currently in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 30

Hi, @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

Please, respond to my request to turn off remote interface, so I can chose my wi-fi channels myself!

Thank You!

0 Likes

semicerchi
Team Player
Message 8 of 30

Good morning,

I reset my Wi-fi Hub recently while I was having internet connection issues (now resolved) and it seems the channel switching has started again. Could you turn it off please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Rayway
Participant
Message 9 of 30

Hi, @Karl-TalkTalk 

Please, can You turn off wi-fi optimization for my hub, too? I want to be able to select manually the least congested wi-fi channels myself. This remote interference with my wi-fi network feels a bit intrusive and annoying. Please, respect my privacy, TalkTalk

0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

Hi semicerchi

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

Message 11 of 30

Things have been super stable since your last change, thanks so much!

Message 12 of 30

Hi

The optimisation was still being triggered so I've had this fully turned off now so this should help.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Good morning,

It seems like both channels have become more unstable since I rebooted on Tuesday, sadly. The 2.4GHz channel stayed on 6 for a long time and was working well, then changed suddenly on Thursday night, then back a few hours later.

The 5GHz stayed on 52 for more than a day after I changed it on the 27th, which was an improvement! Then it changed again on the 28th. Currently trying channel 60.

I was away for the weekend and was surprised to see it alternating between 40 and 48 when there was no-one here (though I cannot see any log entries for yesterday).

29.02.2020 01:25:36

Info

WIFI

Channel: (40/48) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

29.02.2020 00:05:31

Info

WIFI

Channel: (6/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

28.02.2020 15:05:27

Info

WIFI

Channel: (48/40) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

28.02.2020 04:04:28

Info

WIFI

Channel: (1/6) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

28.02.2020 04:04:28

Info

WIFI

Channel: (52/48) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

27.02.2020 21:35:45

Info

WIFI

Channel: (6/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

26.02.2020 04:04:32

Info

WIFI

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi semicerchi

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

I have just seen this post and rebooted.

Thanks

Message 16 of 30

Hi

I've made a change to a router setting, can you reboot the router ans see how the wifi behaves,

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

semicerchi
Team Player
Message 17 of 30

A tiny observation: the timing of the channel hops over the last few days has been interesting, almost as if scheduled.

23.02.2020 04:04:22

Info

WIFI

22.02.2020 04:04:42

Info

WIFI

21.02.2020 04:04:16

Info

WIFI

18.02.2020 04:04:50

Info

WIFI

16.02.2020 04:04:34

Info

WIFI

Channel: (52/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

15.02.2020 05:00:46

Info

WIFI

14.02.2020 04:04:05

Info

WIFI

13.02.2020 18:52:12

Info

WIFI

Channel: (56/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi again Chris,

Yes, it is quite stable at the moment. Hopefully it stops changing channels eventually. 

I just noticed that I couldn't access any LAN pages from this laptop while connected by Wi-Fi (like the printer information & extender status pages, even the Hub login page would only work from one browser, strangely) but a restart of the Hub sorted that out.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Hi semicerchi,

I don't know why the channel is still changing occasionally, is your connection generally stable now?

Chris

Message 20 of 30

Hi Debbie,

I'm surprised it's still happening but quite interested to find out why!

The last change I personally made to the Wi-Fi settings was on Monday evening - I switched the 5GHz to 52.

Incidentally, there are a number of log entries that say "WiFi security settings have been successfully saved" at different times during the day - I don't know what they mean or if they are relevant - but they were not caused by me.

Thanks

0 Likes