FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hub Not Delivered

dirchev
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I am new to TalkTalk. I have just moved in a new property and I signed up for Talk Talk Fibre 150. When I was filling my details about start date and go live date, I indicated that I will be moving to the property on the 1st June and would like to have my "go live" date on the 2nd June.

Everything looked perfect when I was making my order - the router should be delivered on the 1st June. There was even a note that the router can fit through the post box in case I am not home. The engineer visit was for the 2nd June and I should be good to go once the engineer sets the line up.

On the 1st, when I moved in I realized that the WiFi Hub was not delivered. I went to check the tracking info and it turns out that there was an attempt to deliver the router on the 28th May, which was different then the delivered date. In the tracking info, it said that the package was not delivered, because some neighbour told the delivery guy that the tenants of the property have moved out (which I would say is expected when you are delivering a router ... there should be new tenants setting up their broadband, but whatever). The router was being returned back to TalkTalk.

I contacted support on the 2nd in the morning to explain what happened. They told me that they have "raised an escalation" and I should get a new WiFi Hub within 24-48 hours. Next day I checked to see if the router had been dispatched and contacted support to give me tracking number for the delivery, but they told me that they can not give me that as this is an "escalated" request and the tracking number is not in their system.

It is 5th June now and I do not have a router. I am basically paying for broadband I can not use.

Who should I contact to get information on when that thing it getting delivered and what should I do to resolve this nonsense?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @dirchev

i've a router on the way to you now. Should arrive in 24 / 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Have a work with the neighbour, they shouldn't have assumed that the delivery was for the old tenants !

Didn't they even think to check the name on the delivery whilst chatting to the courier ?

You cannot really blame TT for what your neighbour has done.

Staff will be back on Monday and should be able to see the status of the router order.

0 Likes