FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hub hanging up between house and internet Talktalk

drjrao
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hi.

My wifi hub which keeps hanging up connection to internet, but I can connect to it from any devices within the house. As a result there is no internet available. The only way to retrieve connection is to restart the router. We are doing this several times a day now. 

I upgraded to the wifi hub promised that it was a game changer. It started hanging up several weeks after purchase then COVID lockdown happened. I swapped to the old router HG633 which works perfectly, as we had to do school work via internet.

I have recently reconnected the wifi hub and it was working better assuming a software update may have occurred but within weeks now again the same problem has happened with no internet.

please can you arrange for me to have a refund of my router purchase costs and I’ll use my old router. It was far better. I’ll return the current wifi hunt back to you. 

thanks

Dr Rao

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi drjrao

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6
Ok. Please send another for testing purposes and if it’s still not working then I can only assume the router has some technical issue that it’s stalling with our internet connection or our deceives. I just don’t understand why my old HG633 works perfectly. I only upgraded router to the Hub as it promised better performance but certainly not that so far.

look forward to the replacement. Let me know if I should return the old one now with the pre-paid return envelope.

Thanks
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi drjrao,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Has been updated/confirmed correct.
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @drjrao your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back soon.

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. Click avatar top right corner then settings, then wizard. Please don't post personal details here for security reasons. Once this information is in place the OCE team will be able to help you.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.