FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hub - new firmware version SG4K10001E00t

wildbill
Popular Poster
Message 24 of 24

Hi all

My WiFi Hub received a firmware update early this morning to version SG4K10001E00t

Everything appears to working correctly, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what is new with this firmware?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi keith94darklord,

Apologies for the confusion, do you mean that you were sent another router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24
Hi Karl
This was sent to me but i have not posted it?
Can you check please that you have the right person, just a bit worried that some one is posting with my name.

Keep up the good work

Cheers 
Keith
keefyboy
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

I still have the issue of losing friendly names and not showing all devices connected. So for me this version hasn’t fixed anything as Debbie stated

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

I still have the issue of losing friendly names and not showing all devices connected. So for me this version hasn’t fixed anything as Debbie stated

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi keith94darklord,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Hi Appletree 

Did youy get this sorted as mine is doing the same?

Thanks keith

keefyboy
0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

I did that previously, see here: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Strange-hub-stats/m-p/2281080#M206463

I was informed it would be fixed in the next firmware update, hence my posting here as its not been fixed after and update.

Thanks

Richard 

Message 9 of 24

Hi @Alienatedcargo 

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

The update didn't change much for me. But the DSL stats side of things still sucks! It reports as 0 for some of the stats so doesn't help much in the monitoring of the connection. Its stayed stable with 4 days uptime since the routers last overnight reboot (?) but I don't know the max achivable DSL rate as its reporting as around 1mb less that the current rate!? 

I was using an ASUS router for a short time that reported as 16mb with max of around 24mb but it had a lot of disconnects after a week and drop to 10mb with interleaving (usually Fastpath) so had to go back to talktalk hub emoticon.sadtears.title

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Kevin_1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look at your thread now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Kevin_1
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 24

Hi,

I think it's safe to say that the router may be fine but the software sucks and has actually got worse since the update!

I have a vpn service on my internal network that allows me to connect from a remote location, this no-longer works, I know it's the router because i can test the access locally direct from my laptop to the VPN server and see tcp packets, if however I test against my external (outside) ip nothing hit's the VPN server.

Yes I can see packets on the appropriate port from the inside test but nothing for the outside test.

I have confirmed that the port forwarding rule is in place an also the appropriate firewall rule.

How can you possibly have made this software worse after a 18months of no updates!!!!

Also the nice names side of things still doesnt work, router just forgets anything ive set and why for the name of god would you add an option under maintenance for "TR-096" Wan management function which has an ON/OFF option but you cant actually turn the service OFF!!!

Totally unacceptable in this day and age!!

Message 13 of 24

I noticed mine had rebooted due to system uptime report. The gui had some changes for instance showing line 1 above dsl that it didn't before. I've not checked on a full screen yet, just a mobile but could tell there was some differences.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

That's interesting... I was told no updates had been made. Totally messed up my setup.  Taken a day to get it back and everything still isn't working properly.

I had to reset my router to factory, so next update will probably screw it again. They can send an engineer (for free) next time. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Looks like my router updated to this version overnight. All seems well for the most part, except from the '0' stats in the dsl page. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi AppleTree,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

AppleTree
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 24

HI - first post - please be gentle (non techie)

We received the TT hub last month and everything has been fine.  We have;

multiple laptops

multiple chromebooks

mobiles (Android and Apple)

Sonos One

Samsung Smart TV (new)

Firesticks

TP Link Homeplugs incl one with WiFi

TP Link Wifi Lights

TP Link WiFi plugs

I was away, but yesterday morning (16th Jan) a number of things starting to go wrong.

Laptops were up and down

Mobiles couldn't be assigned IP address - but now seem to be working

Sonos not connecting - I tried the reset process and how works with homeplugs, but not over wifi

Samsung will only connect via the TP Link Homeplug WiFi - says cannot get an IP address

Firesticks work fine

TP Link lights and plugs couldn't be found.

In my very limited tech knowledge, I presumed that something had been updated on the router, and it wasn't auto DCHP...but it was.  I turned off and on, but the problems above remain.  

To reiterate, nothing was changed by us.  I was away and my partner wouldn't know how to update anything

I'm considering a factory reboot - but can't understand why this is happening?  Any tech gurus who may have an idea?  Been onto chat support yesterday, but no real help.  Clearing caches from browsers was their main advice.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi KeithRan,

Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi wildbill,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Dom_H
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 24

I have this new firmware, how can you tell when it was updated the logs on the router have wrong time stamps, from 01.01.2013 00:00:15 to 31.12.2018 23:59:03.

I was only looking since one of my old laptops (running Win XP) can no longer connect to this router over WiFi. It can still connect to my other access points without issue, so I suspect something on the router has "changed". All my other devices seem to be fine. 

0 Likes