FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi - No internet and dropped connections

Edward Parsley
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

We have had the same router from Talk Talk for a couple of years now and have noticed some strange behaviours. These have started to crop up with ever increasing frequency now so if anyone can identify a way to stop them that would be great.

Our TV is linked to the router via a wired connection. Occasionally while watching catch up TV (BBC iPlayer and the like) the programme just ceases and goes back to the Talk Talk tv menu. There is no attempt to buffer or any delay, its almost like pressing an off switch on your remote. This only seems to happen with streaming platforms and is not limited to any one platform. It seems as though the internet connection is cut so it reverts back to the menu. It is possible to go back into the streaming services almost immediately but your place is often lost.

Secondly I am getting many instances where devices that are already connected to the wireless WiFi suddenly have ample wifi signal but no internet connection. This is true when connecting through wifi range extenders (both ones that use the house power cables to communicate and ones that take their signal from the air) and standing next to the router itself. This is often deceptive as your device (e.g. iPhone) connects and says you have full signal but in reality anyone sending you web based communications are not getting through and should you try and send a message it fails. Often it can take a couple of hours for you to realise you have been unreachable.

There are also occasions where when you try and connect to the house wifi network it will try for a while and then declare you have the incorrect password and ask you to re-enter it. If you do it tries to connect again and then declares your password is incorrect. Needless to say it is not. If you leave the device for a while it often then manages to connect later automatically without having to input a password but then suffers from the lack of internet problem mentioned above.

Finally one of the ethernet ports on the back has spontaneously stopped working. Anything plugged in there cannot communicate with anything else.

According to the label on the back the router is a Sagemcom with a Device Ver.: FAST 5364-3. T8

To my knowledge the device has never had any software or firmware updates.

Any help gratefully received!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Edward

Thanks for the Private Message. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Edward

Sorry for the delay.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hello Debbie,

Yes please.

Many thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi Edward

Sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

That sounds like the router to me then. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 8

Hello Keith, thanks for responding.

The light on the router gives a steady white light. No blinks or flashes. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

What happens to the light on the front of the router when all of this happens?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes