FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Optimisation on Sagemcom FAST 5364

jomo28
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have lost count of the times I have telephoned Talk Talk for technical support. The last few calls the advisers initially focus on TV channels when I mention WiFi channels on my router.

My TalkTalk Sagemcom FAST 5364 router changes WiFi  channels, sometimes within minutes after I have manually changed them. This wouldn't normally be a problem if the new channels on 2.4 and 5 GHz were less congested.  In the router log there are multiple instances of channel hopping listed.

I was asked several times to do a factory reset, and wait .....

One adviser said he had turned WiFi optimisation off. I manually change WiFi channels, check and channel hoping continues, with the router soon changing to a different channel. Whilst we are talking I do a requested factory reset, and ask him to check and he reports back that the wifi-opimisation is still tuned off, even after a router factory reset. And the router still channel hops by itself.

Some of the advisors I have chatted with want to book an engineer to be sent round. But this shouldn't be needed with the remote software (TR-069?) that has access to the Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Could someone at Talk Talk please help? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

That's great - thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi jomo28

Optimisation is now turned off for your router.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I will ask TalkTalk support to sort this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes