FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi channel resetting

Philipwhite
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi I’m having an issue with my 2.4ghz WiFi channel keep resetting to channel 1 and none of my devices can see the channel. I manually change it back to 11 but 1 hour later it’s automatically changing back and disconnecting my devices.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Philipwhite

I have switched off the WIFI optimisation, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 5
You can't switch it off manually yourself, but the staff here can switch it off for you, they should be able to reply to this post within a working day or two and will be able to do this for you.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. Do you know how I manually turn off this feature? Or can a tech turn it off for me please.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Philipwhite,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (the one with the bronze colour behind the holes on the front) then this is a 'feature' of that router called Wi-Fi optimisation. Basically the router will choose whatever channel it thinks is best, even if you have specifically selected a different one.

You can't switch this behaviour off yourself, but the staff here can remotely disable this behaviour for you if you would like them to.