FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection issues when Uploading Files

humptydoody
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

When I upload files on my laptop, i am suddenly unable to load web pages, getting the error "...DNS address could not be found". I am also then unable to access my Sky Q online services so it's affecting all devices. My router is DG8041W-2.T5. what can be done to fix this issue?

Paul Syme
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Paul,

Line test passing and connection looks pretty stable, does the light change on your router when the connections appears to drop?

Chris

0 Likes

humptydoody
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Hi, the upload issue is now fixed, but the internet keeps dropping out. Please can you check my connection?

Thanks
Paul

Paul Syme
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi humptydoody

I'm so glad to hear this.

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

humptydoody
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

The new router seems to be working, thanks for your help.

Paul Syme

Message 5 of 11

Hi humptydoody

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

humptydoody
First Timer
Message 6 of 11

Yes, that would be great thank you. 

Paul Syme
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi humptydoody

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

humptydoody
First Timer
Message 8 of 11

I haven't tried wired. It's not just my laptop, my phone and my sky Q box also then struggle to connect to the WiFi.

Paul Syme
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look consistent. Can I just confirm, does this also happen if you connect wired? Is the laptop the only device that experiences this particular issue?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @humptydoody,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.