FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi disabled

platipud
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

I have been having problems with my new fibre install (upgrade from fast broadband), after about 4 webchats and an openreach visit a new router was despatched as the old one couldn't reach the speed. When received I still received poor speed but via information talk talk sent to me I managed to resolve this and get to the correct speed.

However......

2 days later I had no WiFi it had vanished ....... I plugged in a ethernet cable and the internet was working.....but the router said WiFi disabled.....

THEN.....

I contacted talk talk via webchat the operative went through the usual process did not seem to understand the issue at all, despite me pointing our the issue many times, after 2 and a half hours I kept requesting to speak with a supervisor but he kept refusing....eventually I was put through to the supervisor....after another hour she agreed that the problem was with the router and not the line and has no eventually dispatched a new router (I have only had the existing one for 2 days), hopefully that will resolve the issue.

The supervisor has raised a formal complaint, however I wish to raise this matter in this forum as upon looking it seems that this is a know problem, but given the comments in her it seems normal that the webchat tech team do not understand this problem. Since upgrading to fiber I have spent at least 6 hours of my time I'm a webchat with the tech team, clearly this is a poor service and need addressing.

Luckily I haven't yet sent the older router back so I am using the old one for WiFi, hopefully the new router will fix the problem, and then I will send the 2 broken ones back.

Why do the tech team know nothing about a known issue in this fo

Steve
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

platipud
Team Player
Message 1 of 3

Thankyou for such a supportive and helpful response to a detailed posting !!!

Steve
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

I'm showing a router has been ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes