FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi extender kit faulty?

georgemacklin
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi, 

I have a faster fibre package with the standard TalkTalk router, two WiFi extenders and a smart tv plugged into the router. TalkTalk agents have assured me that the speed, connection and router are all working ok. After intermittent/slow connection I think I have identified that one of my WiFi extenders causes all other Ethernet connections to fail when I attempt to connect this extender, and the WiFi from the router to my phone/iPad to slow down. Does this sound like a possibility, that this extender is faulty? It’s about a year old. If so would TalkTalk replace the faulty WiFi extender kit?..I see that at the moment I can’t actually order another kit as they’ve disappeared from the on line TalkTalk shop. Thanks for any advice/suggestions,

George

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi George,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

georgemacklin
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris,

I have updated my profile,

thanks 

George

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi George,

Can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

georgemacklin
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

I took your advice and contacted the Talktalk shop. They say the extender is out of warranty by 3 months, they don’t have any in stock and referred me back to Talktalk saying you might have an extender kit that you can send out? An independent computer engineer has confirmed(after testing on site) that the extender kit is the problem and was unable to repair it. 
Thanks

George

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi George

Thanks for your reply.

There should be details on the online store on how to return a faulty item and have a new one sent out.

Debbie

0 Likes

georgemacklin
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Yes I bought two at different times..one is functioning fine the other won’t pair/work and when connected to the router brings down the whole system,

Thanks

George

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi George

I'm sorry to hear this.

Did you order your current WIFI extender from our online store?

Thanks

0 Likes