FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues

Richard Banks
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

Hey can you help, my wife has just started dropping out every 20 mins or so. Wired connection is perfect but WiFi is rubbish, we haven’t made any changes to anything and everything I’d plugged in etc. Please help! 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Richard

How has the connection been since your last post? Did you change the wireless channels?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi @Richard Banks 

@Debbie-TalkTalk asked me to help you, which I did way back in post #2. However, you did not reply to me, so I assumed that you did not want my help. As I do this totally free of charge in my own time (being a customer, not a TalkTalk employee), I do not have the time to help people on complex issues, unless they request it.

The offer is still there to help you if you require it. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17
I haven’t changed anything at all 🤯
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Richard

If there is wireless interference then yes. Did you change the wireless channels?

@KeithFrench provides really great advice on improving wireless performance, could you help please Keith?

Router is Sagemcom WIFI Hub and WIFI optimisation has been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17
If you think that will improve things then yes. My observation is that we are only having this issue since the lockdown started again, would more people working at home contribute to the problem?
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send the Huawei WIFI Hub for testing to see how the connection compares with this router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17
Yes
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Richard

Are wired connections still working ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17
Debbie, it’s rubbish again today, I have rebooted everything but it’s made no difference could you check it out please?
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Richard

Ok, please can you continue to monitor the connection and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
It seems okay this morning, we have 3 laptops and 5 mobiles running off of it.

Message 13 of 17

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply.

I have now switched off the WIFI optimisation. Please can you test a few different wireless channels to see how the connection compares?

Change your wireless channel

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Debbie unfortunately your message went into my junk Mail so I’ve just picked it up. I have reset the box as requested, all of the internet, WiFi etc keeps dropping out now, tricky when you are working and schooling at home.

all the best 

Rich

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Richard

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that you are using the Sagemcom WIFI Hub. Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect to your router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?