FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi 6 Router to replace HG633

LCFC58
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I have had the HG633 router since upgrading to Fibre a few years back and would like to upgrade it to a new reasonably priced Wifi 6 compatible router. Could someone provide some suggestions of which Routers are recommended? Or point me in the direction of any previous threads covering this, as I can't fine any.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kev.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

No, but first off do you have any devices that can support WiFi 6 or 6E?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 7

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't even heared of Wifi 6E !! I'm looking for a good all in one Modem/Router Combo not sure if there are any reasonably priced Wifi 6E versions out there, do you have any suggestions for a Wifi 6 version below £125?

Thanks,Kev.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Chris,

I wouldn't say "Google is your Friend" is useful advise !!! 

I'm still looking for further recommendations 🙂

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi Kev,

I can see that you've had some useful advise, please let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 7

Google is your friend, other search engines are available.  🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

If you want to go to WiFi 6, I would not advise WiFi 6 itself, but the game-changing newer WiFi 6E, as this includes a third band in the 6GHz frequency spectrum. I can't see that any WiFi 6 router or device can be upgraded to WiFi 6E by a firmware update. I do not think that there is even an Amazon Eero that supports WiFi 6E and of course, to take advantage of this, you would need devices that support 6E as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?