FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Dropping Out

stentmatt
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Over the last few days, my TalkTalk wifi connection has been dropping out. Rebooting the router fixes it for approx. half an hour, then the network becomes unavailable and doesn't come back until rebooted. The lights on the router stay on, but I have no way of checking if the router is still connected to the internet. I ran a line/connection test through the Service Centre when tethered to my phone on 4G, and no problems were reported. It also has no issues connecting to the internet immediately when rebooted.

I've done a full factory reset which unfortunately has not helped. Checking the logs, the only potentially relevant entry is:

'TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has been closed'

Definitely something with the router/connection as various devices are all unable to see the network once it's dropped out.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Router is on the way for testing.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

stentmatt
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Sorry, thought I’d replied to this already but can’t see it!

@Debbie-TalkTalk thanks - yes please, if you could send a new one to test with that would be much appreciated

@Skynet_TX thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately don’t have anything wired to test with, but will look into changing channels if the new router doesn’t fix things,

thanks!

Matt

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Matt

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are not detecting any issues. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @stentmatt,

What model of router do you have, seeing as you said lights I'm assuming it is not one of the newer hubs that only has a single LED.

Do you have any devices that you could connect 'wired', to see if they also lose connection at the same time, as if only wireless devices lose connection and wired devices were ok then this may be an indication you are suffering from Wi-Fi interference.

If your router has a light labelled 'broadband', then if this stays lit solid green that would indicate the router is remaining connected to the internet fine, so the issue may well just be specific to your Wi-Fi signal and wired devices would continue to work.

If you think it might be Wi-Fi interference you could change the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.