FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub Software update DNS errors affecting Cisco Jabber Software

bw2020
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

Hi can you assist please?

My Sagecom TalkTalk Wifi Hub has recently received software update 5G4K100136 around 30.03.2022.

Prior to that with software version 2816 I had intermittent DNS wifi connection issues.

I've read the forums regarding this and the pause in the roll-out with new version 136.

However since 30th March I've found I was unable to connect to Cisco Jabber telephony software servers on my Windows 10 work laptop that uses Direct Access to connect. It worked flawlessly with previous version of software. Today my work ICT team have tried various checks and narrowed it down to new router software version 136 with "DNS name resolution failure (_cisco-uds._tcp.firescotland.gov.uk)".

Looking at my router logs (see attached) there are lots of DNS name resolution failures for various websites and internet devices within the household. I was able to connect to Cisco Jabber servers when I took laptop into work and connected laptop today to work corporate WiFi having no luck at home earlier today. This afternoon at home I connected laptop to my mobile phone's WiFi hotspot and again successfully connected to Cisco Jabber servers. Turning Talktalk wifi back on laptop no success connecting to Cisco Jabber servers. Every other connection on laptop via Direct Access connected successfully to work systems just not Cisco Jabber Servers via TalkTalk Sagecom WiFi hub.

Look forward to your assistance with this matter.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for update Debbie. 😀 

Message 3 of 10

Hi bw2020

That's great 🙂

Once new firmware is available and fully tested then this will be rolled out to all Sagemcom WIFI hubs.

Thanks

Debbie

bw2020
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie, that seems to have done the trick can now connect again to Cisco Jabber servers. Thank you. Will future firmware updates be automated or will I need to request a manual update for 2829t?

Message 5 of 10

Hi bw2020

No problem 🙂

The firmware has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

bw2020
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 10

That's great Debbie, thanks very much. 

Message 7 of 10

Hi bw2020

I will start the update at 8:15 this morning, will this be ok? The update usually takes no longer than 15 minutes.

The FW version will be 2829t.

Thanks

bw2020
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 10

Hi Debbie thanks for the swift response. Any time today would be great. Just give me a shout when due to update. How long does firmware update take approx? What version is it updating to? Will this be automatically updated in the future or will I have to request updates manually? Many thanks.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi bw2020

Apologies for this.

We will need to make a change to your firmware version, when would be the best time for us to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes