FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub Wifi Woes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 19

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a problem with the wifi on this particular router? The only reason I ask is that over the last few weeks my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20FE) and my daughters phone (Apple iphone 12) keeps dropping connnection.

My phone shows wifi is "connected without internet" on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands and the iphone is showing an odd privacy notification and doing the same thing - connects to wifi but no internet? Wifi encryption is WPA2 Personal on both bands.

The internet connection is fine and all other devices seem to work ok for now.

So....is there a problem?

Many thanks 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 19

Hi Debbie, thanks for your reply. Well I'd believe that if the router was showing the line was only capable of between 30 and 35 meg BUT it's showing the line can do max 60meg download, the engineer says it's capable of that yet here I am stuck at 35.

Nay bother, if it doesn't get sorted I only have 3 months to put up with it then I'm moving like I very nearly did last time. But this time your sales guy won't sweet talk me into staying, he'll be shut down immediately.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Techman81

Apologies for the delay.

The line is in sync at 35.5mb. I've checked and the predicted speed range we have showing for your line is between 57 and 37.1mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 32.2mb (on Fibre 65)

Thanks

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 19

So I had an engineer out today. He went straight to the Master said it was ancient and changed it for a new one with built in xDSL filter. He also noticed whoever was in the master last bodged it with electrical wiring!

Anyway, he did his line tests and said his equipment was showing speeds of 60 DL and 11 UL and all is good.

It's not....

Router is now showing Actual DL of 35 with Max Attainable of 60. Upload is ok.

When I run the Line Test in Service Centre it says there's a fault and wants to do a full test but before I do I thought I'd come on here see what you say.

Also want to check what package you have me on as I should be getting between 50 and 60 Actual according to the engineer and his testing equipment so I hope I'm not on Fibre35 as I should also have a speed boost too as per my last contract renewal.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 19

@Jose7499, staff only reply to the original poster. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic to open a new thread. 

You also need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Add your landline phone number there - go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jose7499
First Timer
Message 5 of 19

When I first took TT fibre my Actual and Max were within about 2mbps of each other and was synching at about 60mbps. Now with every fault that I've had in the past and been corrected it seems to be dropping and dropping. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi

I've sent a PM requesting some info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 19

Hi Karl, thanks for replying. Yes please if that's possible. If the difference was around 5mbps I wouldn't bother but 24mbps difference is huge. If it's saying max attainable is 58mbps I should be getting over 50meg surely?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi

My bad, yes it is, the speed is on the lower end of the estimate.

The next option is to log this out to Openreach for an engineer to investigate.  This however will not be until after the Christmas period, would you like to progress with this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 19

Hi Karl, it's the sync speed difference I'm querying. Why there's a massive difference, 24mbps in fact, between my Actual Line Rate and Max Attainable. To me it looks like a fault on the line or my line profile is incorrect. 

When I first took TT fibre my Actual and Max were within about 2mbps of each other and was synching at about 60mbps. Now with every fault that I've had in the past and been corrected it seems to be dropping and dropping. So I'm guessing either I've been banded or on the wrong profile?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi

Tests are still clear. 

Do you see the issue with a wired connection or just from devices using Wi Fi?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 19

Hi Karl thanks for your reply. It's plugged into the master socket test socket. No changes.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi

Does your master socket have a 'Test Socket' ?  If it does, can you connect the router directly to this with a filter.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie,

I've received the new router and installed it, thank you.

The stats are more in depth. I can see I'm on Showtime and not an Error correction profile which is good. 

However my actual download speed is showing 35mbps and Max Attainable is showing over 57mbps? Why is there such a big difference? My package is Faster Fibre with a Speed Boost so equivalent of the Fibre65. According to the data the router is showing, there is no errors so wondering why my Actual speed is so low?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Kaylee

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 19

Hi Debbie, thanks for your response. It can't hurt to try a different router for testing purposes.

So yes please, if that's possible.

Many thanks

Kaylee

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Techman81

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Techman81
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 19

Hi, thanks for replying. I believe it's the Sagemcom model number FAST5364 3.00. 

It's intermittently dropping so sometimes it's fine and other times it just won't connect properly. But just to make clear, both phones are saying they're connected to wifi (either band) but showing limited/no internet. Router stats show NO disconnection.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Techman81,

What model of router do you have (if you have a Wi-Fi Hub it will be Sagemcom or Huawei) ?

Are the other devices that are working ok wired or wireless (or both) ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.