FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub is blinking Amber whilst Open Reach Rooter is green

Apostolos
Participant
Message 23 of 23

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the Ultra fast Fibre. I had a new SAGEM Wi Fi Hub installed together with an Open Reach Hub. I has to restart it couple of times within this week as it was stuck. Today suddenly the WiFi Hub is blinking amber continuously, but the internet light on the Openreach Hub is on. Could you assist. Thank you

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 2 of 23

Hi Apostolos

Thank you, you too 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Great! I will send it ASAP and write on top of the box "New Hub not for recycling 😃"

Have a great Bank Holiday break!!

Message 4 of 23

Hi Apostolos

Thank you. The returns bag will just send the router back to our warehouse.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi there. Yes could I use it? ( I thought is for recycling 😊)

Message 6 of 23

Hi Apostolos

Did you receive a pre paid returns bag with the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Great! Could you please confirm the address and the way to send it back? For example could I send it class 2 signed?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Apostolos

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

"I have the new modem arrived. I can wait couple of days to see if everything goes smooth and send it back to you?"

Yes please, thank you.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi all,

Final update the issue was resolved. But here is the trick. It wasn't TalkTalk modem the issue but the Open Reach modem LAN port, which for a very strange reason was accepting the TV's signal but not the modem's one 😕.

Anyway the Open Reach guy was super useful, had a new Open Reach modem with hIm which he plugged it in and voila solid white lamp and hub working fine. 

2 notes for you guys: 

- Please correct the part in the TalkTalk hub description that says solid white lamp even if not connected (it created a lot of confusion)

- I have the new modem arrived. I can wait couple of days to see if everything goes smooth and send it back to you?

Finally huge kudos to the team @Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @martswain for the effort to get my issue resolved.

Cheers guys

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 23

Hi Apostolos,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi there,

Latest update is that I had a call from Talk Talk and I have an engineer's appointment booked for tomorrow 27/05. The interesting part is that I told them we had a discussion within the community and a new router is on its way, but they responded there isn't any router ordered for you. They have a broadband authentication fault recorded which needs an engineer. 

Of course the engineer is more than welcome to investigate but with an amber light blinking day and night I don't think he can do much.🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi Apostolos

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 23

Hi Debbie

Much appreciated. Fingers crossed it will resolve the issue.

I am working from home and relying in my phone data at the moment..

Thank you

Message 14 of 23

HI Martin,

I swapped many cables but still the LAN light was off. Also, I connected my Talk Talk TV box and Smart TV straight to the Open Reach Hub and all played flawesly.

I am connecting the Open reach Hub to the Talk Talk Hub through the red WAN port.

I guess the TalkTalk Hub is not starting at all.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi Apostolos

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

@Apostolos 

Try another ethernet cable between the Openreach device and your HUB.

What socket are you connecting to on the HUB ?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Michelle,

Yes confirmed. The router is unresponsive stuck to amber blinking.

Thank you

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 23

Hi Apostolos,

Thanks for the update. Just before we send a replacement router, can I confirm if you have also tried factory resetting the router and then setting this up again?

Thanks

Message 19 of 23

Hello,

It is updated. By the way I made a simple test by my own. I connected my Smart TV via ethernet straight to the Open Reach Hub , the Lan light was on and it worked. It had internet.

So the problem is with the Talk Talk Hub.

Thank you

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 23

Hi Apostolos,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes