FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hub keeps losing its wifi capabilities

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 25 of 25

Had my Wifi hub for ages and as a rule i can't fault it but lately I'm finding my phone connected via mobile data but not constantly. It's not just me, my wife and daughters too. I've logged in to the router and everything is as it should be, all band 1 and 2 set as it should be and it is affecting both bands 2.GHz and 5 GHz. I've reset the router and it made no difference. Any help please

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

I don't lose wired connection at all just wifi. When everything is working in harmony, wifi is normally almost as fast as wired. Despite the problem, when wifi works, it still works well.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi @jimmymumu 

So you say that you lose the wireless, do you lose the wired connections as well? You say that the speeds are very similar, but that is presumably when everything is working OK. Please can you clarify the actual problem?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 23 of 25

It is the Sagecom Wifi Hub version SG4K10002816t. My Cabled and wifi speeds show very little difference in speed and at the moment I'm not suffering from any other internet problems.

It started a less than a week ago and there are no new or changed electrical devices in the home. I noticed this morning that my phone was using 4g instead of wifi and at that time of the morning i would have been the only one connected to the network. We have no devices are are run on a timer either and as far as I'm aware only happens intermittently. The light on my router shows a constant connection and that only changed when i reset the router this morning. After the usual 2 minute or so connection, my wifi which was failing before, worked fine. If there was electrical interference, what's the chance of me rebooting my router at the exact time the interference stopped?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using? If it is a hub, there are two of them & they are different.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes