FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issues on Sagemcom Fast 5364

chtechie
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 15

I've seen a few other discussions on this topic but until recently I was running my network with the Sagemcom Wifi turned off & using an AP for my Wifi, as the AP is connected through Ethernet over Mains my throughput is limited to around 40Mbps but it is totally stable. I've recently upgraded my Broadband to Fibre65 so turned the FAST 5364 Wifi on to take advantage of the increased bandwidth, almost from day 1 I've noticed problems with the Wifi (2.4GHz) dropping out & / or throughput dropping from around 68Mbps to 5Mbps, the only ways to get back to high speed is to connect to my AP & then reconnect to the Fast5364 Wifi, or restart the router or restart my PC. So I've tried turning off the AP (& Ethernet over mains adaptors) & testing, still happens, have set fixed clear Wifi channels on both the Fast5364 & AP (checked using an App on my mobile), still happens, turned off the cordless phones, still happens, sat within 10ft in the same room as the router, still happens. Only possible conclusion is that there is a problem with the Fast5364. Does anyone have any suggestions which may help please ?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Ok, promised to update you when I got a chance, I was very disappointed when I first connected new router as only got about 40Mbps speed so I threw it on the side until another day. Have now been running for about 2 weeks on the DG8401 & it seems rock solid so that's a definite improvement.

Now the only way I was able to cure the slow speed was to change the 20/40 auto setting to 40MHz but with it set like that it seems to be fine without causing any other issues.

I still get periods of slow throughput, like this morning, 11Mbps download & 18Mbps upload, will keep my eye on this as I think it is just network congestion.

So I now need to move forward & setup DDNS, this worked fine on the FAST5364 so hope it will be straightforward on this Huawei.

Will update further when I've had a chance to see how my remote network access works.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

To Chris, Micelle & Debbie

Thanks so much for all the assistance, will keep you updated of how I get on with it

Dave.

Message 5 of 15

Hi Dave

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Michelle, thanks for getting back to me, I've tried a few other things including some reset / flush IPconfig commands & even a static IP address, but the Fast5364 still insists I'm connected to it's disabled Wifi (It does update it's displayed devices if I turn off Wifi or when I set the static IP address) but my PC says otherwise (connected to AP which is wired to router) and other Wifi devices connected to the AP are being reported (correctly) as wired. I don't have another VDSL router to try unfortunately so I think the only way forward is for you to please send the Huawei & we'll have to see if that cures my issues. Many thanks, Dave.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 15

Hi chtechie,

Would you like us to send the Huawei Wifi Hib instead to see how this compares?

Thanks

Message 8 of 15

Curious & more curious - have disabled both 2.4 & 5 GHz Bands & still show the 2 devices connected to the 2.4 Wifi when they are connected to my AP which is definitely connected via a cable - more interesting is the android & Ipad devices which are connected Wifi to the same AP and correctly show as 'wired'

chtechie_0-1614688386600.png

chtechie_1-1614688457975.png

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Thanks for the suggestion Chris, AFAIK I don't use the 5GHz band so have disabled, in my normal configuration I only have 2 devices (laptop & mobile) which connect directly to the router Wifi, all other devices in my home connect either Wifi or hardwired via an AP in my lounge and connect back to router via Ethernet over mains to Ethernet port 1 of the router. I'll delete the mobile & restart the router & keep an eye on it & update here in a few days. Many thanks, Dave.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 15

Hi chtechie,

I've checked the connection stats and it's showing wifi congestion. Have you tried splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, if not then I think this is worth a try

Chris

0 Likes

chtechie
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 15

These are my current speeds at 00.15 27/02/2021

chtechie_0-1614384966414.png

Router reports link speed of 79999Kbps Down & 19999 UP

0 Likes

chtechie
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 15

More searching of the Community & I've found a post with a similar problem with a suggestion that a DG8041W replacement router cures the issue. Please can I have a replacement DG8041W router ?

0 Likes

chtechie
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 15

These are the speeds I measured yesterday evening connected to the Fast5364 -

chtechie_0-1614298477376.png

Tonight I've measured this via the ethernet over mains AP

chtechie_1-1614298800157.png

And this was when I reconnected to the Fast5364

chtechie_2-1614298867746.png

0 Likes