FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection dropping

simhub
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hi, I need some help please.

For a few months now we've been having problems with devices losing their wifi connection to the TalkTalk router.  It happens at the same time for all (or sometimes almost all) devices on wifi, and it happens for devices connected to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands (which have separate SSIDs).  My PC is wired over ethernet and is never affected.  Turning the router off and on again always resolves the issue.

I'd love to tell you what router I have but it doesn't seem to say anywhere on it.  It's black and covered in holes!

What can I try to fix this please?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

The Huawei hub has been ordered for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly Michelle.  Yes, a Huawei Wifi Hub would be wonderful please.

Thanks

Simon 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Simon,

I'm really sorry but there has been a delay with the new firmware as further testing is now required. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub in the meantime?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Michelle

This problem has not gone away yet unfortunately.  Can you please confirm when the firmware update is due, and how I can check whether it has come through?

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Simon,

Ok thanks for confirming. We should be hopefully starting to roll this out at some point this month so your router should be automatically updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Michelle

That's great, thank you.  I will wait until the new firmware first and maybe we'll try a new router if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks

Simon

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Hi simhub,

Thanks for the additional update. This particular issue should be resolved when the new version of firmware is rolled out later this month. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub or would you prefer to wait for the new firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

OK, profile updated.  I've had another look and the router is a SagemCom FAST 5364-3.T8.

To clarify what's happening, all devices connected to wifi will sometimes lose internet access and give a DNS error.  They are still connected to the wifi but can't access the internet.  My PC (which is connected over ethernet) continues to work.

Thank you for any help.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi simhub,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 11

If you pull out the WiFi password card on the back, the manufacturer name will be revealed.