FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disabled even though shown as on in the router

Geoff602
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

Unable to get wifi to enable on router. It shows as on with the sliders but remains disabled. Tried resets but no good. Faulty router i think.

see attached screen shots.

Appreciate some help and a new router.

WIFI MESSAGE 2.JPG

WIFI MESSAGE 3.JPGWIFI MESSAGE 4.JPGWIFI MESSAGE.JPG

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

It does sound like a fault with the router then so the replacement router so solve the problem

Chris

0 Likes

Geoff602
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 9

No. Tried from a few phones. Echo show and a pc . Non of them can see the network. . Wired pc's connect to the net nobother.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

And if you check for the router from one of your devices it doesn't show?

Chris

0 Likes

Geoff602
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 9

I am on fibre with an openreach modem connected to the TT wifi hub but all lights are on and seem to be working. Just the wifi remains disabled in the wifi hub ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

OK, thanks for letting me know. If you've tried resetting the router to factory default setting then unfortunately I can't think of anything else to try

Chris

0 Likes

Geoff602
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 9

Wifi still off. Can connect with wired devices but no wifi. TT are sending a new router .... Fingers crossed. Is there anything else i could try while waiting.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Geoff602,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing the same issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Geoff602,

If you have tried a factory reset (by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds) and it is still not allowing you to enable it, then it is likely to be a faulty router. The staff here on the community won't be around until Wednesday 29th, so you may get faster support from the phone or live chat teams (Christmas opening times shown here).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this when they return, you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.