FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi issues - 2.4Ghz not working

TWING
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi 

Was recently noticing drop outs on streaming so decided to check the wifi settings.  As part of this I decided to change the name of the 5Ghz band on the router so I could see and connect to that separately.  Having done this I have now come to the conclusion that the 2.4Ghz band is not working for internet.  I can connect to it, but no internet through it.  Connecting to the 5Ghz band gives great internet.  I have done some trouble shooting - done a factory reset on the router.  Still the 2.4Ghz doesn't work.  Have changed channels for the 2.4Ghz band and also looked at changing the 20Mhz frequency setting.  Again neither of these changes have sorted anything.  Have been on line with chat support and unfortunately got nowhere - I had suggested they could send a router to test the setup - but they weren't able to do this, instead just organise a chargeable engineer visit - which seems a bit over the top - and also means I have to take time off work to be available for this.  Or they were then looking at what upgrades I could possibly pay for!!!  Not overly impressed - as only 1 yr in to a 2 yr contract.

So, just wondering if anybody has any other suggestions as to what I could do on the trouble shooting front or any other suggestions?

Many thanks for any input.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi TWING

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Just as an update - router received at the weekend - thanks for sorting. Swapped over and have had no issues losing the 2.4Ghz band since - so fingers crossed all looking good.

Cheers

Message 3 of 11

Hi TWING,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

That would be much appreciated if you could.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi TWING,

Ok sorry to hear this, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Will do - and can confirm it has gone again this morning.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi TWING,

Thank you. I've checked and the router has the latest version of firmware. Would it be possible to monitor this over the next 48hrs and let us know if this does happen again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for looking into this.

I have updated the profile details with the info required.

However as an update, late last night the 2.4Ghz band just started working again.  This was after 2 factory resets in the afternoon, and about 3 hours after I had been on the live chat with the support team following the factory resets.  I didn't change anything at the point it started working again - so somewhat confused as to what could cause this.

Regards

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi TWING,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @TWING welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number it is used to identify your account.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes