FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi keeps disconnecting

TerriL
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi

I have had a new router since Feb 2020 when I upgraded to faster fibre 150 and have had no issues until the last 2 weeks.  My Internet keeps dropping multiple times a day. I have wired and WiFi devices and all lose Internet at the same time. The router light remains white and I have had it confirmed that there are no issues with the connection. Looking at another thread it seems the router is the issue. Please can you advise if I can get a replacement? 

Many thanks

Terri

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi the issue is happening again. Internet dropping 5-6 times a day. I have asked for an engineer to come out and still haven't heard from anyone. Please help as I wfh and its becoming unmanageable. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi

Glad our team have been able to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

The issue has been remediated. I have put the old router in the post. Thank you for your prompt action.

Hope you have a great Xmas and happy new year 🙂

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 11

Hi Terri,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Its ok sorted it...will see if it works 

Message 6 of 11

Hi I got the new router and plugged everything in at exactly the same place but the orange light kept flashing and the white open reach box that it was connected to had 4 constant green lights on? Any ideas as I've had to put the old one back on as the new one wouldn't connect to the Internet?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thank you very much...I will let you know.

Message 9 of 11

Hi Terri

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Please complete your community forum profile details, @TerriL, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch Profile Wizard. 

Staff will reply in a couple of days or so,  Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.