FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not working

Goodsuspect
Participant
Message 16 of 16

I set up WiFi for my mum, has generally worked fine but she's now having issues. Download speed is virtually non existent. Can't watch streaming services properly, mobile phone will connect but very slow. Because I set it up it had to be in my name and I don't live with her. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Thanks. I've sent you a PM

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Bill goes to a different email and that's the one on the email

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Thanks, can you confirm that that account number is definitely your Mum's account number.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Done

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Thanks but could you also please add your Mums name to the private notes section so that I know that I've got the right account

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Think I've done it

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 16

Hi,

If you could just add your Mum's account number to the private notes section of your community profile that will be fine

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

I set it up with another email I have.  When I tried to reset password wouldn't recognise email even though that's where the emails reminding me of bills goes

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Can't seem to log in to account. I set it up with another email I have (that's where I get emails for bills). When I tried to reset password,  wouldn't recognise email address

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 16

If you (or she) can log into the 'My Account' site, then the phone number will be shown at the top of the screen.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

I have the account number but she doesnt have a land line phone so I wouldn't know the number.  Where would I find it?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Goodsuspect,

Can you add your Mum's TalkTalk landline telephone number to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

I'm not sure, I think that might be my Talk Talk account, not my mum's, as they are both attached to me I think

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 16

Hi Goodsuspect

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile the number for the line experiencing this fault?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Goodsuspect,

Are there any devices connected to the router 'wired', if so what is the speed like on those devices. This would help determine if the problem was with the speed to the router, or was a problem with the Wi-Fi signal in the home.

Is the router actually losing connection to the internet, or is it staying connected ok, but just slow.

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for the estimated speed range and the measured speed. If she runs a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to that 'measured speed'.

If she is only using wireless devices, is the connection better if she is very close to the router, but then gets a lot slower when she moves a little further away.

The Support Team here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.