FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi router not working after 3 weeks

aislingt13
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Firstly, this is about my fifth attempt to do this. At every turn, there was issues. Either my data connection has been lost (which I'm spending a fortune on because my wifi isnt working), or "your passwords don't match", or "your email addresses don't match", which I have screenshots to prove. I am very frustrated with the talktalk customer support service. I came home yesterday to my wifi router not turning on and no wifi network to connect to. I believe the router is fused as everything else is working correctly.  I did all the checks, switched power sockets and checked everything was connected properly. Still no light came on my router. I then tried to call talktalk to get help and only got an automated phone service which informed me everything was working fine on its end, clearly it was not as my wifi was still down. The call then told me to go online and use the online chat function to receive further help....... WITHOUT WIFI? This to me is ridiculous.  I am now paying a fortune to get in contact and use this community board to get help because it's the only option I have. I managed to book an engineer for Monday evening so I have no internet all weekend. Ive also been informed that if I'm not home when they arrive I'll be find?........I have to work from an office now because I've no wifi at home, its therefore highly likely I will not be at home when the engineer arrives. I also have to work from home next week on certain days, and will be unable to do so if this is not resolved. I've then been receiving automated texts all morning saying that talktalk thinks I'll be able to fix the issue myself......HOW? When I've received no guidance and support? I feel very let down by this company and I've only been with you for 3 weeks. I am now forced to search for alternative companies to provide my wifi as I need it urgently to work and cannot afford to pay for a data bill until this is resolved. 

I look forward to any response or assistance anyone can provide. My whole life has been disrupted due to whatever the fault is. But I feel that talktalk is not interested in helping me even to discover whatever the fault is, never mind fixing it as well. 

Kind regards.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi aislingt13

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @aislingt13,

If your router has failed, i.e. no lights come on when you plug it in, then the staff here on the community would be able to send you a replacement router. However the staff here don't generally work at weekends, and so will not pick this post up until early next week, so if you have already arranged an engineer for Monday then assuming the engineer does have a replacement router then hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post early next week if you still need their help.