Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Wifi

6 REPLIES 6
Antho49
Team Player

Think I may have a Wifi problem, the Youtube channel, which I watch a lot on my Smart TV freezes regularly, some tv channels occasionally, Radio 4 on Deezer on my iPhone cuts out regularly and more recently Facetime on my iPhone cuts out each time I speak to my son, having to recall several times each call. Line reprofiling and port reset has been suggested, but being a dinasaur I am not familiar with such matters. Could someone advise.

Anthony Scales
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Antho49 ,

When you lose your connection do you know if your router is losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

Antho49
Team Player

Hi Skynet_TX

I'm not sure, so I will watch what happens to the router next time there is a problem and come back to you. Thank you.

Anthony Scales
Antho49
Team Player

Hi Skynet_TX

I have been monitoring things over the weekend. Youtube channel on the Smart TV continues to freeze, eventually going back to BBC1 but the light on the router stays white throughout. No further cutting out on Radio 4 on Deezer on the iPhone or when I Facetime my son so apparantly no current problem.Only other wired device would be my laptop, but my youngest son advised me yesterday to change from Wifi to Wifi 5 which is the UCB adapter on the side of the laptop and the signal is now full strength as displayed on the quadrant symbol. I will continue to monitor things and advise if any problems.

Thank you again.

Anthony Scales
Chris-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Antho49,

Thanks for the update, just let us know if you experience any further issues

Chris

Antho49
Team Player

Thank you Chris.

Anthony Scales
Chris-TalkTalk